In this course delegates learn how to handle appraisal meetings to provide feedback and support for employees. Delegates learn how to coach, how to communicate effectively, how to help others to set goals in line with business objectives and how to motivate them to operate at peak performance.
The training materials contain many exercises that will help the delegates learn the skills during the course.
In today’s competitive market, it is absolutely essential to systematically manage the performance of employees to make them as motivated and productive as possible. Any organisation that risks neglecting this important systematic review, is bound to fail when competing against those who use such optimisation.
To create a productive atmosphere, an organisation simply needs to respond to the needs of its staff. An understanding of what motivates employees and aligning it with organisation’s objectives is the essence of an effective performance management system. This system requires HR support, periodic appraisals and constructive coaching sessions.
In this course, delegates learn how to perform the role of an appraiser or a coach who needs to interact with employees, co-workers, team member or others to provide feedback to them. This role can be assigned to anyone including team leaders, managers, supervisors, colleagues or staff from other departments. Whatever the role of an appraiser, this course prepares them to provide continuous and periodic feedback to appraisees. Continuous feedback is provided through regular coaching and mentoring sessions while periodic feedback is provided through appraisal meetings. Delegates learn how to ask the right questions, help appraisees to set goals and targets, how to motivate them, how to deliver difficult messages and in short how to help them to increase their productivity.
The course is divided into various distinct sessions where delegates learn the specific skills and get to practice each skill in carefully designed exercises.
Get a Quote today
For more information call 012 430 2101
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
- What is performance management?
- What is the difference between modern and traditional methods and why this matters?
- What is involved in a performance management system?
- What should an appraiser do?
- What is 360 degrees feedback program and how can it help?
- How to hold an appraisal meeting?
- How to prepare for the meeting as an appraiser or appraisee?
- How to structure the meeting?
- What to talk about at the meeting?
- What is the preferred order of topics to go through in an appraisal meeting?
- How to encourage openness?
- What types of questions work best in an appraisal meeting?
- How to set useful goals?
- How to motivate an employee to follow and reach his goals?
- How to avoid setting bad objectives?
- How to make sure performance targets are consistent with business objectives?
- What is KPI and how does it relate to performance management?
- How to reduce apathy and encourage individuals to reach peak performance?
- How to influence individuals by modifying their thought patterns using the latest research in behavioural psychology?
- What reward systems help to boost staff’s performance?
- How to rank employees against their colleagues and co-workers?
- How can ranking systems fail and what should you be aware of in the context of performance management?
- What is the best way to coach?
- What are the principles of learning?
- What is the best way to coach individuals?
- How should you formulate your sentences to have maximum effect in a coaching session?
- How to provide constructive feedback?
- How to deliver praise?
- How to provide feedback on difficult situations?
- How to systematically help individuals to become aware of what others think of them and how they can reflect on this to improve their performance?