MS Word – Formatting Documents and Reports
Managing time is of utmost importance in the workplace in to meet deadlines and to be productive.
There are many time wasters out there, for example interruptions, procrastination, and lack of organisation. But a common time waster is that we do not really know how we to use the software we have in to do jobs quickly and efficiently and by doing so, SAVE TIME!
When producing documents such as manuals, board papers, assignments or any lengthy document that requires headings, multi-level numbering, table of contents etc., it is important that they look professional and that there is consistency throughout the document. A document that is set up properly in the beginning will be quick to edit and make changes, if necessary, saving time all round and impressing the boss! Handing in a first-class document on time, first time will not only show your professionalism but boost your ego.
After attending this course you will have enhanced on your basic skills of MS Word and will set up professional looking documents by:
- Using themes
- Applying styles for consistency
- Using automatic numbering (including multi-level lists)
- Automatically generating a table of contents
- Understanding the difference between page breaks and section breaks
- Applying different headers and foots throughout a document
Want to have this course in-house?
Contact 012 430 2101 or email@example.com
- Apply a theme to your document using colours, fonts and effects in to have consistency throughout the document
- the difference between a page break and a section break
- Type in columns
- Portrait and landscape pages in one document
- Add different headers and footers within a document
- Watermarks, colour and borders to your document
- Pagination e.g. widow/orphan control and keeping lines together
- The different types of tabs and how to use them e.g. decimal tab
- Set tab positions and use leader dots to produce professional looking forms
- Bullets and numbering
- Define and create multi-level lists
- Insert pictures and text boxes in a document
- Group pictures to keep them together
- How to position your picture in the right place of your document
- Apply Character and paragraph styles to determine the look of a document
- How to apply list styles such as bullet style or number scheme, indentation, and any label text
- How to apply table styles to determine the look of tables, including characteristics such as the text formatting of the header row, gridlines, and accent colours for rows and columns
- Set up your document using the correct style and then save it for future use
- Automatically generate a table of contents once you have set up your document correctly using styles
- Insert footnotes and endnotes into a document