Good report writing skills have become essential for managers and employees.
Written communication in the workplace is one of the most important skills to have. Consideration must be given to all aspects of the communication process – the sender, the channel, the receiver and the feedback or the written message may result in weak and ineffective communication. Good report writing skills have become essential for managers and employees.
This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to write professional reports that conform to conventional formats and communicate the main message effectively and efficiently.
By attending this course, delegates will learn:
- Demonstrate an understanding of different report types
- Know how to interpret and respond to briefs/terms of reference
- Be aware of the different phases in the report writing process and apply them
- Know the main elements in reports and how they are typically ordered
- Know which style, tense and level of formality to use and how these are influenced by the audience that might read the report
- Module 1 – Report Types
- Module 2 – Planning Your Report
- Module 3 – Writing an Effective Report
- Module 4 – Formatting and Inserting Visuals
- Module 5 – Editing and Revising Your Report