The course is aimed at people who need to improve their business writing skills in English.
While first language speakers will benefit by refreshing their knowledge and skills, the course is especially helpful to second language English speakers. The broad aim of this course is to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities for effective business and assist people to facilitate small working meetings to ensure that the task team works with energy and commitment and draws off the skills of those who participate.
Participants will also explore the underlying values and attitudes which convey respect for one’s audience when communicating. To communicate effectively in the business world learners will be trained to prepare clear, concise and professional English written communication, preparing for a meeting; seeing meetings as a management tool; planning steps for effective meetings and minute taking – process and content
- Module 1: Understanding the Roles Meetings
- Module 2: Organising an Effective and Productive Meeting
- Module 3: Preparing a Working Agenda
- Module 4: The Procedure during a Meeting
- Module 5: Identifying the Type of Minutes you are expected to take
- Module 6: Understanding Communication
- Module 7: Action-reflection Approach to Writing
- Module 8: Writing Professional Business Documents
- Module 9: Deliver Professional Presentations
- Module 10: Using Checklists for Reviewing your Writing
“Contact the Coach” – Learning for Business Results
Raising the Standards offers a continued learning relationship providing free access to post course support to embed the knowledge gained. Our advisors are subject matter experts in each area of specialisation.
Delegates can “Contact the Coach” for support, information or assistance with additional questions regarding the application of theory covered during the course.