High emphasis is placed on learning through ‘doing’ where the learner is presented with real life and workplace case studies and role playing to ensure the delegate develops knowledge and confidence to take back into the workplace and apply them successfully.
The aim of this workshop is not only to introduce participants to the principles and behaviours of successful conflict management and negotiating but also to give them a set of skills that will make them more personally effective in the workplace.
This practical one-day workshop will enable participants to gain an understanding of key principles of conflict management and negotiation.
Learning how to deal with conflict – rather than avoiding it – is crucial. When conflict is mismanaged, it can cause great harm to a relationship, but when handled in a respectful, positive way, conflict provides an opportunity to strengthen the relationship between the people involved.
The aim of this aspect of the workshop is to enable participants to:
- Identify the causes of workplace conflict
- Identify and reflect on their own conflict management styles
- Develop appropriate strategies to effectively manage workplace conflict
Negotiation is a social skill that can be defined as “conferring with another with a view to compromise or agreement”. Central features of the negotiation process are that the parties:
- Have different interests
- Communicate about these differences
- Are prepared to move towards each other from their first stated positions
The successful negotiator will use a range of skills and competencies in preparation for successful negotiations. The aim of this aspect of the workshop is to enable participants to:
- Develop a clear understanding of what is involved in the negotiation process
- Identify behaviours of successful negotiators
- Practice skills and techniques to enhance effectiveness in negotiations
- Have an opportunity to get feedback and raise and discuss issues during the workshop
“Contact the Coach” – Learning for Business Results
Raising the Standards offers a continued learning relationship providing free access to post course support to embed the knowledge gained. Our advisors are subject matter experts in each area of specialisation.
Delegates can “Contact the Coach” for support, information or assistance with additional questions regarding the application of theory covered during the course.