This course provided by Raising the Standards Solutions is approved and accredited by Services SETA - Unit number: 12153
Do you want to communicate effectively in the business world?
You will need to prepare clear, concise and professional English written communication.
While first language speakers will benefit by refreshing their knowledge and skills, the course is especially helpful to second language English speakers.
- Learn a method for continuously improving your writing skills based on Action-Reflection
- Revisit the rules of proper grammar and understand sentence and paragraph fundamentals
- Apply essential verbal and non-verbal strategies for effective communication
- Structure and compose a variety of texts using simple language to effectively communicate a message to a specific audience
- Match the type of communication purpose with the most appropriate channel for the receiver
- Write professional letters, memoranda, e-mails, reports and proposals by reviewing standard templates and customizing these to your work context.
- Apply effective language skills through correction of grammatical mistakes in written texts
- Be confident to prepare and deliver a professional written presentation within a business context
- Review errors and assess accuracy through rigorously applying a checklist to your texts
- Learn the value of professional written communication in building good client relationships
Stop being misunderstood
Let us help you develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities for effective business writing
WHY WORK WITH THE RAISING THE STANDARDS?
We tick all the boxes when it comes to your training requirements!
MODULES THAT WILL BE COVERED:
Module 1: Understanding Communication
•The purpose of communication •Choosing the appropriate communication channels •Overcoming the barriers to communication
Module 2: Action-reflection approach to writing
• The importance of good sentence and paragraph construction •Preparing your ideas using tree diagrams •Finding the appropriate tone
•Identifying common grammatical errors
Module 3: Writing professional business documents
•Letters •Memoranda •Reports •E-mails •Proposals
Module 4: Deliver professional presentations
•Prepare a written report •Design your presentation •Review your presentation strengths and weaknesses
Module 5: Using checklists for reviewing your writing
•Content •Organisation •Style •Grammar
Don't just our word for it
Discover what delegates think of our training
Are you ready to improve your business writing skills?
Fill in the simple form and we will contact you!
Can't wait? Call our offices on 012 430 2101 now.
Did you know this course can be held at your office?