Professional Business Writing
The course is aimed at people who need to improve their business writing skills in English. While first language speakers will benefit by refreshing their knowledge and skills, the course is especially helpful to second language English speakers.
The broad aim of this course is to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities for effective business writing. Participants will also explore the underlying values and attitudes which convey respect for one’s audience when communicating. To communicate effectively in the business world learners will be trained to prepare clear, concise and professional English written communication.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should:
- Learn a method for continuously improving your writing skills based on Action-Reflection
- Revisit the rules of proper grammar and understand sentence and paragraph fundamentals
- Apply essential verbal and non-verbal strategies for effective communication
- Structure and compose a variety of texts using simple language to effectively communicate a message to a specific audience
- Match the type of communication purpose with the most appropriate channel for the receiver
- Write professional letters, memoranda, e-mails, reports and proposals by reviewing standard templates and customizing these to your work context.
- Apply effective language skills through correction of grammatical mistakes in written texts
- Be confident to prepare and deliver a professional written presentation within a business context
- Review errors and assess accuracy through rigorously applying a checklist to your texts
- Learn the value of professional written communication in building good client relationships
Want to have this course in-house?
Contact 012 430 2101 or email@example.com
- The purpose of communication
- Choosing the appropriate communication channels
- Overcoming the barriers to communication
Action-reflection approach to writing
- The importance of good sentence and paragraph construction
- Preparing your ideas using tree diagrams
- Finding the appropriate tone
- Identifying common grammatical errors
Writing professional business documents
Deliver professional presentations
- Prepare a written report
- Design your presentation
- Review your presentation strengths and weaknesses
Using checklists for reviewing your writing