This highly interactive course introduces participants to the core principles of team building and team work including effective communication skills, problem solving skills, the value of cooperation in teams and many others. Team Building course offered by Skills Converged is both entertaining and educational and takes advantage of modern efficient teaching methods to maximise knowledge transfer.
“A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others.” Norman S. Hidle
Great products and services are made and delivered by great teams. Working in a successful and happy team is extremely satisfying. The cooperative atmosphere, the ease of achieving big results and the sense of significance of belonging to a successful team is very appealing. Working as part of such optimal teams is the dream of any individual and organisation.
This course focuses on transforming a group of people to a team of motivated individuals who work smoothly towards a common goal.
In Team Building course delegates will learn about:
- Core qualities of a team and the secret to its efficiency
- Belbin Roles, their effect on maximising efficiency and conflict resolution
- Structural components of a team and their part in team’s success
- Effect of time and maturity on team leadership
- Team life-stages and how to manage each stage
- Collective problem solving, differences between cooperative and competitive problem solving
- Network Analysis, recognising and maximising the effect of networks
- Feedback process and praising techniques
- Coaching methods including peer-to-peer and management coaching
- Emotional intelligence and its effect on team’s efficiency and success
- Enhanced communication skills with emphasis on non-verbal communication and body language
- Team bonding techniques to increase trust and professionalism within teams
Need more information about this course?
Call 012 430 2101 for answers
Apart from the vast amount of information in each section on the core values of team work, Team Building course contains more than 20 practical exercises that enable delegates to try and implement the information received during the course. Delegates will have a chance to participate in exercises on subjects such as coaching, cooperation, problem solving, trust and emotional skills. The exercises include 12 optional activities which can be used to extend the course further or to focus on specific areas based on delegate’s needs. All exercises are exclusive to this course and each exercise has been designed in line with a concept vital to successful team working.
Delegates are introduced to the concept of Team Roles and explore different ways of recognising and establishing their roles within the team. This knowledge enables team workers to manage their roles and responsibilities in the team and avoid gaps or overlaps in roles.
By the end of this course, delegates will learn how to communicate with each other to get better results, how to think beyond the little details and think of the main objective, how to support each other using emotional skills and coaching skills to provide feedback and increase trust and reliability throughout the team.