Management by objectives (MBO) is a systematic and organised approach allowing management to focus on achievable goals and to attain the best possible results from available resources.
Increasing organisational performance by aligning goals across the company and ensuring management and employees have a high level of input and assistance to identify their objectives, and timelines for completion in line with company goals.
MBO includes ongoing tracking and feedback in the process to reach objectives.
- What is meant by Management by Objectives (MBO)
- Who advocated the concept of MBO
- The need for MBO
- Four basic principles of MBO
- Objective setting & SMART objectives
- Classification of objectives
- Pre-requisites for a good objective
- Three constituent processes of MBO
- Who can use MBO
- Strategies for making MBO effective
- Benefits of MBO to organisations and employees
- KRAs managers should focus for clear objectives
- Features of MBO
- Stepos the Process of MBO
- Pitfalls of MBO